Scope of Cover and Covered Risks
For all crops the risks shown below are covered;
- Quantity loss due to hail, storm whirlwind, fire, earthquake, landslide and flood,
- Quality loss of fresh fruits/vegetables and cut flowers due to hail.
- Quantity loss of field crops, vegetables, strawberry and saplings due to wild boar attack,
- Quantity loss caused by the birds eating the seeds available on the table during the ripening and harvesting period for the Sunflower (For Oil), Sunflower (For Snack) crops and Sunflower (For Certified Seed) crop
- Quantity loss caused by the rain risk for the opened bolls during the period from the opening of the bolls on the Cotton and Cotton (For Certified Seed) crop until the harvest
Optionally, the risks shown below may also be covered;
- Quantity loss of fresh fruits due to frost,
- Loss of hail net / cover systems and supporting (wired cultivation) systems due to hail, hail weight, storm, whirlwind, fire, earthquake, landslide, flood and vehicle impact,
- Quantity loss of cherry and grape during ripening and harvesting periods, quality loss of fig (for fresh use only) during ripening and harvesting periods, quality and quantity loss of fig (for dry) during ripening and harvesting periods due to rainfall,
- Quantity loss of wheat, barley, oat, rye, triticale and certificated seed of these crops due to hail, storm, whirlwind, fire, earthquake, landslide and flood.
- Quantity loss of the leaves of the vineyard which is used for pickle, due to hail, storm, whirlwind, fire, earthquake, landslide and flood.
- Frost risk for oil rose.
- Quantity loss caused by the hot weather, which causes the grapefruit, lemon, mandarin, orange to bloom, dry and fall during the fruit set and small fruit periods, and which causes the failure in grain set in the bunches of grapes, cessation of growth, drying and falling in the grain during the blooming and grain setting period,
Optional/additional covers cannot be purchased solely.
Total loss of fruit trees, tea, vineyard and saplings of these, also saplings of ornamental plant which are economically efficient, can be insured separately due to hail, storm, whirlwind, fire, earthquake, landslide, flood, vehicle impact and snow weight.
In order for the farmer to carry out the insurance operations, they must have updated the FRS (Farmer Registration System) records regarding the land and crop of that year. The farmer, who has updated his/her FRS records, applies to the insurance company or agency that is a member of the Agricultural Insurance Pool (TARSİM) to insure his/her crop. The insurance company or agency enters the system of Agricultural Insurance Pool (TARSİM) and makes inquiries regarding farmer’s information. For the issued policy, Clarification Text, Policy Information Form and Policy printouts within the scope of the Personal Data Protection Law (KVKK) are sent by TARSİM to our insureds as SMS or e-mail, depending on their preference. In case the insured prefers to take the printed policy; the agency takes the Clarification Text, Policy Information Form and Policy printouts within the scope of the Personal Data Protection Law (KVKK) from the system in two copies and gives one copy to the insured in return for his/her signature. Then the agency issues the policy as two copies and hand out the one to the policy holder / insured.
In Crop Insurance, 50% of the premium written in the policy is subsidized by the Government. For fruits, in case frost cover is included in addition to the hail package, 2/3 of the premium only for frost risk is subsidized by the Government.
15% of the premium to be paid by the insured is taken in advance, the remaining premium is collected at the latest within 1 month from the end of the policy.
In tree / sapling insurance policies, 15% of the premium to be paid by the insured is taken in advance and the remaining premium amount is collected in maximum 5 installments.
Claim Notification / Loss Adjustment / Payment Process
In case a risk, which is covered by this insurance, occurred; policy holder / insured shall make the claim notification to Agricultural Insurance Pool as of the date of the risk occurrence at the latest in 10 days for frost risk and at the latest in 15 days for other risks via Voice Response System and Policy Inquiry / Claim Notification section in TARSİM Mobil Application or tarsim.gov.tr or through the agencies.
Loss adjustments are made by the loss adjusters appointed by the Agricultural Insurance Pool (TARSİM). Following the completion of the loss file, finalized indemnity amounts are paid to the insured by the Agricultural Insurance Pool (TARSİM) via the bank channel within 30 days at the latest. Indemnities are not paid before the harvest date. However, in case of a total loss, within the principles of insurance, indemnity is paid before the policy termination date.
In case all or part of the insured crop is damaged in an early growing phase allowing re- sowing /re-planting of the same crop; and if loss adjusters agree upon re- sowing /re-planting the same crop, sowing /planting and care expenses incurred by the insured for the damaged crop up to date of loss are paid in accordance to the General Conditions and Tariffs & Instructions.